I realized something today.
I haven't really blogged in over 4 months. And I miss it.
I haven't blogged because I have been waiting.
And waiting.
And waiting.
Waiting for the 'new' house to look good enough for me to take 'after' pictures to post.
Waiting for some grandiose blog topic that would mark my re-entrance into the bloggy world with an exclamation point.
Waiting for life to feel more stable, so that my brain might stop feeling so much like mush.
Waiting for my obsession with the highly addictive Face.book to wear off so that I can spend what free time I do have more wisely.
Today I realized that if I keep waiting, I will never blog again. Not really. And I will continue to miss it.
So here I am. With nothing grandiose to blog about, and no pictures ready to post. Just a lot on my heart, and a place to unload.
There is something else special about today. Something happy.
It is my six year wedding anniversary!
Due to sick children and other circumstances, we didn't do anything out of the ordinary today to celebrate. We exchanged cards (well, my husband gave me mine...I bought his a while ago, and hid it so well that I now can't find it), and had a nice dinner together tonight after the girls were in bed. My mother is coming into town on Friday to stay for a week, and we're going to have a date night sometime while she's here. That will be our 'celebration.' And I can't wait! It feels like it has been forever since we have had a night just the two of us.
Maybe it's because of the significance of this day, or maybe it's because I'm realizing how much I put things off because I'm waiting, but whatever the reason, I feel I need to stop and be thankful. So here is what is on my heart today. A prayer of thanks, if you will.
Thank you, Lord:
-For my sweet husband of six years. His love is a tangible example to me of Your love, Father. The way that he loves me just as I am, and pushes me towards you is something I have prayed for as long as I can remember. Thank you for loving me enough to allow me to marry him. We are yours.
-For the fruit of this marriage. There are two beautiful girls sleeping in my house right now that I have the honor of calling my daughters. This, again, is an unbelievable example of Your love for me. While I don't feel worthy, I am extremely appreciative, and will love them as the miracles that they are. I know that they are really Your children, and that they are just in my care for a short time, and I will strive to please You in the way that I care for them.
-That Allie's fever finally broke. Lord, the last 3 days have been hard on us, which You know. I thank you that You have brought Allie through this latest illness, and that she seems to be getting better. It was SO nice to see her smiling and laughing again tonight. As Becca said herself tonight "We have our Allie back" and we are so thankful!
-For two new miracles. Lord, I have been blessed with some wonderful friends, and two of them had babies this week. I thank you for the blessing of Cecilia Nicole, born to Melissa on Wednesday, the 30th. She's beautiful, and I pray that she loves you as much as her parents do. Thank you for the wonderful family that you have placed her with. And Lord, I thank you for the miracle of Mason Lawrence, born to Tara on Thursday, the 31st. He is such a handsome little man, and their family is truly complete now. Please be with his precious family as they adjust to his arrival, and draw them all close to You.
-For answer to prayer. Father, I thank you for answering our prayers regarding Colleen so clearly. I thank you that the ultrasound showed nothing abnormal, and I thank you for her life. She's such a sweet, smart little girl, and I thank you for who she is.
Lord, you are immeasurably good. Thank you.
10 comments:
Welcome back! Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder....glad you missed us. :o)
I think you chose a great way to make your comeback...reminding us that we all have MUCH to be thankful for. God is good.
Welcome back, Renee!
I think your post was the PERFECT topic for re-entry into the bloggy world. Great way to start the week, too. :)
That was wonderful Renee. Sometimes it's hard to blog when you don't feel like you have anything "noteworthy" to say. But you did! You gave Thanks! And even if you don't have anything "noteworthy", I love reading about your everyday life.
I know what you mean by not wanting to write with out anything "blog" worthy. Yet, this was a great post, and a great update to your life. Congrats on the 6 years of marriage. It's nice to read from you!
FRIEND....I've missed you! I'm glad you're back. I'll probably be in your shoes here starting this weekend...getting that new house all in order. Really, so many boxes to unpack. I hope you're doing well. Love you friend!
Great refreshing and honest post! I am so glad I found you!! I will return soon...hope you will post again soon, too!! haha! :)
I have missed you.
I'm so glad you wrote this post...it was so heartfelt and I loved reading it.
Happy Anniversary. You indeed have so much to be thankful for!
Happy Anniversary and Welcome Back! You were missed.
What a great post and wonderful reminder of all we have to be thankful for. I hope you have a fabulous date night with your husband!
Happy Anniversary (a little late)! Hope you all are enjoying your time with your mother and that you and Hubs had a chance to have some time to yourself.
Welcome back to Bloggy-land - I've missed hearing from you!
So glad to have you back...although I feel like we haven't been completely out of touch...what with you beating me at Facebook word games all the time ;-) It's all about balance in blog world...I'm still working toward it.
Post a Comment