Sunday, July 30, 2006

Just beginning

I guess the easiest way to start this is to just write like I've done this before. If anyone actually reads this, though, I should offer an apology upfront. While I love to write, and have wanted to be a writer since I was a little girl, I am also, unfortunately, a rambler. I also have a tendency to overuse commas, and repeat things. That said...it's nice to get some of these thoughts out of my head, and have a way of expressing myself. I have always meant to be a good journaler, but have yet to be consistent. My journals all have about 2 days worth of entries, then nothing for a year or more.

Anyway...what a weird weekend!! I don't know why, but it just felt weird to me. I usually look forward to the weekends, so that I can spend time with my husband, have some help with my daughter, and just relax. My husband had to work yesterday, though, and didn't get home until 1. Then we had to wait for the cable guy to come, since we are now bundling our services. By the time he left, our daughter was up, and we had to go get some groceries. After dinner, I was too tired to do anything fun, so I ended up going to bed early.

Today, we went to my mom's house for lunch. My husband put her new gas grill together, while I played with Becca in her wading pool. We ate, came home, and we all took a nap. After the nap, my husband ran errands with Becca while I cleaned the house. We ate dinner, and now here I am. I'm not saying it was a bad weekend...just kind of weird. I don't feel refreshed at all. Maybe even more tired than I did at the beginning of the weekend? And I feel like a big whiner right now.

I AM really grateful for the time that I got to spend with my husband over the weekend. I guess we're just in one of those 'farther apart' times in our relationship. Sometimes I feel really close to him, and things couldn't be better, and other times, I feel farther apart...and kind of distant. I guess every relationship goes through phases like that. I know that it's normal, but the 'farther apart' phases always seem to wear me out, for some reason. We're still 'happily married', and I know that things are fine between us, but I miss that feeling of closeness.

No comments: