Is it weird that I'm really looking forward to going to Target with my kids today?
The thing is...ever since Allie was born, I've become a hermit. I stay in my house all day, and rarely venture out. And after so many days inside...a trip to Target sounds pretty darn adventurous!! Sad...I know.
I've always liked to think of myself as easygoing and spontaneous. I'm discovering that I'm far from both. At least, since I've had children. I am learning that I'm a planner- I like to know what the day will hold, and I'm not really crazy about surprises.
I'm a routine nut. I like predictability.
How boring!!! This enlightening information about myself does not bring me joy. I want to be a spur of the moment, fun loving, easygoing, and spontaneous chica. Not some uptight fuddy duddy who can't handle bumps in the road.
I guess I'm comfortable with my days. Right now, I get the girls up at about 7 in the morning. I get Becca settled with her soy milk and 'JoJo's Circus', while I feed Allie. Then it's breakfast for Becca and myself, during which I check my e-mail. After breakfast, Allie goes down for a nap, and Becca plays upstairs while I get some things done (cleaning, laundry, bill paying...etc). Allie wakes up around 10:30, and I feed her. After that feed, we usually all play in the living room. After Allie goes down for her next nap, Becca and I have lunch (while I cut coupons, read a magazine, or go over my 'to do' list). After lunch, I get the living room ready for my work out.
I put Becca down for her nap about 1:30, and get Allie up from her nap. I feed Allie, and lay her on her Gymini while I workout. Then I play with her for a little bit, and put her down for her next nap. While she's napping, I take my shower. Then I figure out dinner, and do anything that needs to be done, and can't be done while they're awake. Then it's time to get Becca up, and feed Allie again. Shortly after this, I'm making dinner, and my hubby comes home.
It's safe. It's predictable. I get to work out, shower, AND get stuff done around the house.
When I go out, it feels great. And I know Becca needs to get out of the house (as do I). But I worry about silly things. Like ruining Allie's nap, so that I can't work out. Or not getting anything done around the house. (An ever growing 'to do' list really stresses me out.)
I know that life can't be lived inside 4 walls. The girls need to get out, get some fresh air, and see things happen. I need to remember that there is a world out there. So...I'm setting a goal. To start...I'm going to get out of the house at least twice a week. And if stuff doesn't get done around the house, I'll do it the next day. If Allie's nap gets messed up, I'll work out the next day. I'll roll with the punches.
So...look out, Target! Here we come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment