Over the weekend I was reminded that God is in control of everything in my life. Even the little things. And that I just need to let go and trust in Him.
My hubby went to a sports bar on Saturday to watch the NFL draft. After a long week with the girls, I needed to get out of the house, and wanted some help with them. So I recruited my mom, and we went to the Outlets in Castle Rock to get Becca some new sandals from the Stride Rite store there. (We can't seem to find sandals that fit her anywhere else...it's weird.)
So the day starts out kind of hectic. I had wanted to get to the stores at 10, when they opened. I would feed Allie a bottle, change Becca's diaper (she drinks a lot in the morning, and has to be changed every hour and a half, or else she leaks), and we'd be on our way.
We didn't get there until 10:30, and Allie was super hungry when we got there. She started screaming about 10 minutes before we got there, actually. Now, she's very particular about her bottles. They have to be very warm, or else she won't take it, no matter how hungry she is. I tried putting a hot pack in an insulated bag with a bottle of water, hoping to warm it up. Didn't work...the bottle wasn't warm enough for her.
So...she's crying really hard because she's so hungry, and Becca's diaper is about to start leaking. My mom offers to change Becca's diaper for me while I take care of Allie. She opens the diaper bag, and we realize I FORGOT DIAPERS!! Now, what kind of a mom forgets diapers? I took them out of the diaper bag to make sure there were extra changes of clothes for the girls, and didn't put them back.
I'm starting to panic, because we have a screaming baby, and a wet little girl. Just then, two women walk by with two little kids. My mom (who is usually very reserved and quiet) decided to ask them if they happen to have an extra diaper that we could have. One of the ladies says 'We do, but it's a size 4'. It just so happens that Becca wears a size 4!
Now, what are the odds of someone with an extra size 4 diaper walking by right at that time?
My mom gets the diaper, we change Becca, and head for the Food Court. I get a cup of hot water from the Taco Bell there, heat up Allie's bottle, and everyone is happy (if a little frazzled).
Just a reminder that God was looking out for me. Even with something as seemingly insignificant as a diaper at the right time.
1 comment:
I love that you remember to look for God in the litte things. You are such a good reminder for me about that. Love you!
Post a Comment