I have been dipping my toes into the world of blogging lately.
Tired, I read Facebook and see sweet comments from friends I used to connect with daily. It tugs at my heart.
Joyful or thoughtful after a day in my life, I think "I should write this down somewhere so I remember it."
It's been SO long, and it seems so daunting.
But I was happy when I was blogging. It was an outlet for me. It made me think throughout my day of the bigger picture. Opened my eyes a little wider, if you will...
I've been lurking lately- checking the blogs of my old 'bloggy' friends. Such sweet, sweet friends. Reading about 100 joys, days of advent, adjusting to a new house, new baby, thinking of giving up blogging for good. There is so much going on with everyone.
There's a lot going on here too. Some good, some bad, some crazy. I am clinging to the hope that is our God who loves me, cares for me, and has a plan for my life.
This afternoon as I went into work I was touched by the smell of campfire. (Our church does a wonderful outdoor Christmas 'play' that we call 'The Christmas Journey'. The journey goes through the woods behind our church and does so during freezing cold weather. There are bonfires all over the paths, and our whole church smells like bonfire while this is going on. I love it!) I smiled to myself as I walked in.
Tonight at work was great-I worked with a person I click with, was able to honor our volunteers with a really cute 'thank you' gift, and got everything done that was needed. I even got to talk with a friend afterwards about something that's been on my heart and in my prayers lately: adoption. SO much to think and pray about...
I came home and went into my daughter's room. "Mommy," said a little voice "Zach put a Cheerio in he mouth today! All by heself!"
I am blessed. Crazily, scatteredly, blessed....
2 comments:
welcome back.... i smiled seeing your blog pop up on my google reader. it is great following you on facebook but i sure miss your inspiring posts.
just jump in where you can. blogging shouldn't be daunting. i know that feeling when i have gotten behind. do it for you and your memories.
Hey! I am in a similar place! Trying to decide if I should get back into blogging. It was good to stop by here and see that you had posted something! Adoption, huh? That sounds like exciting stuff!
Post a Comment