Thursday, October 12, 2006

Goings on

I took Becca to the allergist yesterday to do a 'wheat challenge'. I brought in 2 cups of Cream of Wheat, and they would give her a little, wait 20 minutes, give her more, wait 20 minutes...on and on until they reached 1/2 a cup. She didn't have any reaction while at the doctor's, which is good. She was very fussy yesterday afternoon, though. I have a feeling it was from the wheat, but it may have just been from having her morning routine thrown off so much. It's hard to tell. I think we'll give her some more C o W this weekend, on a day where nothing else is going on, so we can see how she is. It would be great if she could eat wheat.

I will be able to make a little bit of money for Christmas now. One of my friends has to go back to work full time, and needs someone to watch her little boy for just one day a week (she has someone for the other days). This will just be temporary- when he turns one, he'll be able to get into another daycare that she has found for him. But, for about 2 months, I'll have him on Thursdays, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. It'll be a long day, but it's just one day a week, and the money will help. Hopefully it'll be good for Becca to see mommy with another baby, too. Here's hoping that goes well.

I leave for Connecticut next Saturday (in a little over a week). I'll be visiting one of my best friends for the weekend. It'll be good to see her, see where she lives, and to have a little bit of a break. I'm really looking forward to seeing my friend, and seeing CT, but I'm also looking forward to just not having to worry about anyone else, really, for a few days. A nice little break before the baby comes.

It'll be a crazy week or so for me, though. I have MOPS on Friday, leave for CT on Saturday, get back Tuesday evening, watch Brenton (my friends' kiddo) on Thursday, then my hubby's parents will be in town Thurs. night. They're staying for the weekend, and leaving on Monday morning. Should be a crazy week, but fun.

Enough rambling. This tired mama is going to take a nap.

1 comment:

I'm Tara. said...

Wheat challenge -- sounds like a competition! :)

How has it gone since then? You DO have a lot going on!! I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. :)

Hope you've gotten some rest.