Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Journey in the Desert: Day 36

Woo-hoo!!

We may have had our first showing at the townhouse today! I got a call this morning at 8:30 saying that there was going to be a showing between 10:30 and 12:30 today. It may not amount to anything, but you never know. At least it's a start!! Woo-hoo!!

Everyone at my husband's work knows now that he may be moving soon. This makes things a little awkward for him at work, but he's confident that he did the right thing by telling them. And the president told him that he would have a job up until we move. And even if the move doesn't work out.


Allie had her 6 month check-up yesterday. She's healthy! (Thank you, God!) She's a big girl...in the 90% for her weight and height. At least she's proportionate, but....dang!

Speaking of big girls...my mom and I are supposed to start Weight Watchers this weekend. I'm asking for a membership for my birthday (I'll be 31 on the 14th of Aug.) I was doing pretty well losing weight and working out on my own. Then we moved in with my mom. I've gained 10 lbs since we've started living with her. Now my post-maternity clothes barely fit, and something needs to be done. So I'm going to go to the meetings, and see if I can get going on losing some weight. I don't like to be in pictures right now, and I feel like I don't recognize myself when I look in a mirror. AND that's another area of my life that I'd really like to give to God. I don't need food to control me, and right now, it totally is.

Speaking of food...I need to go figure out something for dinner!

Here's hoping that we get an offer on our townhouse soon!

No comments: