Is anybody else like me, and especially thankful that today is Friday? I am really relishing this reality today. Maybe it's because my hubby has a 3 day weekend, since he's taking Monday off for Becca's birthday. Whatever the reason today is especially hopeful for me, I am thankful.
-I am also thankful for a much needed girls night out last night. It has been way too long since I have enjoyed some good girl time. (Since December...sad, right?) My MOPS table had a get together, and we did a spa night. One of our MOPS girls has a salon in her basement, so we met at her house, got pampered, and spent a lot of time talking and laughing. That fellowship was a balm to my tired spirit, and I am, again, very thankful.
-After a busy week of running around and places to be, I am thankful for a day with nowhere to go. Both of the girls have low fevers today and are a little bit cranky, so I am especially happy that we can stay home and rest today. After days of running around, a day at home is so peaceful. On days like this, the girls are usually pretty content to just play with their own toys and hang out at home. For this, I am thankful.
-I am thankful for the great book I received in the mail the other day. It is a book about celebrating life, and it could not have come at a better time. Plus, it's broken down into short segments, so it's perfect for an absent-minded pregnant woman to read! I am especially thankful for getting this book right before a 3 day weekend. Sounds like the perfect way to spend some 'mommy time'.
-I am on my face thankful for all that Easter represents. God has really been tugging on my heart concerning Easter, and the miracle it represents. As a Christian, Christs' death and resurrection are the entire basis for my faith, and I have somehow lived my life barely recognizing Easter for what it is. It is the remembrance of the most joy filled, hope filled event in the history of mankind. Without Jesus' death and resurrection, there would be absolutely no hope in this world. But because of what Easter represents, we can live in freedom and grace. Isn't that something to celebrate?
-I am thankful for this beautiful house that we are living in currently. Even though I am struggling with the fact that we don't have our own 'home' yet, and the frequent showings of this house are wearing on me, I am learning to be content. And being content means being thankful.
-I am thankful that my husband and I have been listening to God's whisperings in our hearts, and have grown closer to Him in recent months. I am thankful that my husband gets up at 5 in the morning to spend time in the Word, and in prayer before starting the day. I am thankful that God has given me the energy to get up and join him most mornings (even if I don't join him until 6). I am thankful that because of this time spent with our Father, we have much more peace. Peace that is needed when we hear news like the news we received yesterday. (Our tenant in Colorado is currently 13 days late with their first regular month of rent.) I am thankful that God cares about these details, and we can just place this situation into His all-encompassing hands.
-I am thankful that I have been able to work out at least 3 times a week for the last 3 months. I am thankful for the difference I notice in the way my clothes fit, and in the energy I have. I am thankful that God gives me the strength to do this even when all I want to do is take a nap.
-I am thankful for the opportunity this Monday to celebrate 3 years of loving and knowing Becca. She is my heart, and I can't wait to celebrate her life, and the blessing that she is.
My prayer is that today is a day of thankfulness and blessings for all of you. Happy Friday!
10 comments:
Great list of things to be thankful for! I am thankful it's friday because I have a 3 day weekend. It's been really crazy at work and I'm looking forward to a few days off! Happy Birthday to Becca on Monday!
I am thankful it is Friday too :O)
Great list! I am glad you are still getting up in the morning and exercising - good for you. I know some days it is a struggle to get up when you are so tired but it is so worth it in the end.
Happy Birthday to Becca on Monday!
Enjoy the extra day with your hubby and your new book! My book just came in the mail today and I have already been reading it - love it! Of course now I am behind on other things but it is going to be a joy to read!
Have a good weekend!
I too am nursing a sick-ish child. Hope everyone (including you) is feeling energetic and chipper ASAP! Loved your thankful list!
Hope Becca has a WONDERFUL birthday celebration. Glad to hear that you have so much to be thankful for in the midst of this "tired" season of life! :)
Me too! This was a great post! I am thankful for so many things, FRIDAY being one of them for sure!
Great post!
I am so excited for Cold Tangerines. I haven't dug in yet, but love the fact that it is a celebration of life!
Happy reading, sister.
What a great post. A lot of things t be thankful for. I may have to put my thankful list back on my blog. It doesn't have to be November for that ;-)
I love your thankful heart Renee...Happy Birthday to your sweet girl and enjoy your time with your hubby. I hope you're doing well my friend.
What a beautiful post of praise! It truly honors Him to be thankful!
I'll be praying for your renters----been there, done that, had to get them evicted. We'll pray that the Lord will take care of that situation and that the rent will be paid soon.
I love Cold Tangerines! I haven't finished yet, but I like it. I am thankful too! =)
Post a Comment