This is a first for me, this thing called 'Weight Loss Wednesday'.
I'm realizing though, that I do much better when I am held accountable. When I take the things that I would like to keep in the dark, hidden, and bring them into light to be seen. If I have to tell people where I'm at, it makes it real.
So...here goes.
When I started my most recent weight loss journey I started at (I can't tell you how embarrassed I am to admit this) 194.5 lbs. I'm 5'5, and was very firmly set in the 'obese' category.
Today the scale greeted me with a number that still shames me, but that tells me I'm on my way. 182. I've lost 12.5 lbs since the beginning of February. In over 2 months, I've lost 12 lbs. Part of me wants to celebrate, and another part wants to hang my head in shame for letting myself get here in the first place.
I told myself that it was okay...that being pregnant 5 times in 3 years did me in. That anyone else in my place would have done the same.
Whatever the reason, it's where I am.
I'm reading Lysa Terkeurst's 'Made to Crave' right now and I love it. It's freeing me. The truth she is helping me see has set me free enough to write this post. Because one day soon, the numbers won't define me. Who I am, in Christ, doesn't depend on the scale.
So, there you have it. Happy Wednesday!
4 comments:
That is great, Renee! Proud of you. I know you can do it!!
So glad to see you writing again. And congrats on the weight loss! 5 pregnancies in 3 years is a lot. I can't imagine the stress you've endured. Keep up the good work!
Congratulations! It takes a lot of courage to share this journey with the blogging world.
A big huge hug from me!! You are amazing. This blog community is here to cheer you on!
Post a Comment