As we enter into day 4 1/2 of 'the virus' making its way around our house, I would be lying if I said that we weren't discouraged and worn down. Allie is still throwing up...4 1/2 days later, and Becca and I have recently joined her in this nauseating adventure.
In light of this yuckiness (literally), I am trying to turn my heart and mind around. So...here are some things that I am grateful for today.
--Dora the Explorer; Go, Diego, Go; Sesame Street; and Baby Einstein
--Pedialyte (and Kool-Aid mix to go with it)
--Washing machines!!! Where would I be this week without one?
--Toast, cheerios, and bananas. They have been our staples this week.
--Lysol Antibacterial spray, Febreeze, baking soda, and candles
--A tenant with an 18 month signed lease moving into our townhouse!!!! (Yay, God!)
--A sweet husband who is a big help to me (even though his birthday present-Red Wings game was last night, leaving me to tend to 2 sick little girls while I was fending off the sickness myself)
--Snuggle time with less than stellar feeling little girls
--Allie took 4 steps this morning!! Her most so far!!
--God's grace...which is sufficient enough to get me through these days
12 comments:
My goodness girl, you were hit hard. I sure hope things turn around for you this weekend. In the mean time, praise the Lord that you have a leaser!!! That is wonderful.
What a great way to turn a bad situation into something to praise God about. And congrats on getting someone to lease the townhouse - that's awesome!
I'm so sorry you guys are still sick. I will be praying for you all!
What you need is a good laugh! I have a great link on a post from right around Christmas time that would do the trick... I can't remember the name of the post, but it's something about the flu virus going around. Find it, click on the link, then make sure when you find the lyrics that you click to hear the song being sung. Hopefully it's still there...
It will give you some much needed perspective! When you have little ones and everyone is sick, the world shrinks and stops spinning for awhile. It's hard to remember that life will go on as before - eventually!
Hope you're better soon, all of you.
Jen
You poor, poor thing!! I'm glad you able to find a few positives in such a trying time. The townhouse rental is a BIG positive, though. How great is that?
You are really getting hit hard. It's bad when Mom is sick and kids are too. Hope you are all better soon!
Oh Renee! I am so sorry to hear that you are all so sick. I will be praying for you.
What a blessing to have found a renter! YEAH!
Mauryn is starting to take her first steps as well! I know the excitement you are feeling (and a bit of sadness - the baby is growing up)!
What a great way to turn a yucky situation by looking at the positives.
Sharing and feeling your pain!
Here's some perspective for you---
4 Japanese loads of laundry equals 1 American load.
You have a dryer, I don't!
That virus is still wreaking havoc in my house! I am drowning in laundry! Only 2 episodes of vomitting but poor Myles still has diarhhea.
Isn't it wild that we are a half a world apart but both attacked with the stomach bug at the same time? It must be universal. :)
Hope things are back to normal soon and everyone is feeling better.
Renee,
I am so glad you are able to see some of God's provisions for you during the yuck of "the virus". That is hard to praise when you are feeling so bad.
Hope it goes away fast!
Did you put in your offer?
I know it stinks (my kids had rotovirus and it lasted FOREVER!) I think its great that you are staying positive - I am not so good at that when my kids are sick. One thing about it, after we come through a time of sickness, we are always more grateful for the times when we are well. I pray that this is over ASAP (like right now! ;-)
Hey Renee---
Just checking up on you. Been keeping tabs via your status on Facebook. hope you know I am praying for you and your family.
Hugs!
So good to catch up yetserday. I miss you so much, and often even moreso after our phone chats. Hope everyone is on the mend over there. *love*hugs*prayers* all for you!!
Post a Comment