Sunday, April 06, 2008

Mundane Miracles

Yes, yes! It's still Renee! I am still the Renee from 'One Mama's Journey', although I might look a little different today.

I have been wanting to change my bloggy look for a while now, to something that I like enough to make more permanent. We'll see how this sits with me. For now, it works. It's simple, it's clean, and my favorite flowers are tulips, so it fits. I like it.

I have also been wanting to change the name of my blog since...oh, I started writing it? When I wrote my first blog entry, my blog was actually titled "Kicks & Giggles", then I switched it to "One Mama's Journey". Because of things that have been on my heart lately, my husband and I came up with this new title, "Mundane Miracles". While I am a mama, and I am always on a journey (we all are), I really like this new title. There are miracles hidden throughout every day of our lives, and it's up to us to look for them. That's what I want to do...that's what I want this to be about.

It is this very idea of miracles that is the topic of my first post under my new name.

First, an update: Jenni came over on Friday night, and we had a great time catching up, although it wasn't nearly enough time. She had a very early start to her day, and I had to get up very early the next morning, so our night didn't last as long as it might have in other circumstances. The time we did have was great, though. She's been my friend for 25 years now so there is so little that needs to be said. We just pick up where we left off. I love that.

Everything went as smoothly as possible on Saturday morning (all things considered), and we were home before 11 am. I was in some pain, and pretty groggy from the surgery, so I spent most of the day resting in bed. I'm still actually feeling pretty weak (although I'm not sure why), and I have to take it easy or else I just feel exhausted. I have a feeling that it's more the hormones than anything else...the doctor said it would be quite a ride until they get themselves straightened out.

So we have our closure, and that is a good thing. (I could go on and on elaborating on this, but I will save that for another time.)

I won't be moving forward without a new appreciation for the miracles that are present everyday, though. Especially the miracles of my children.

Up until this experience, up until I lost a child of my own, I had taken the whole experience of getting pregnant and having a child for granted. I just assumed that things went in a certain order. You try to get pregnant, you do get pregnant, and then 9 months later you have a healthy baby.

What I have learned through this experience, through my own grief, and through hearing the stories of others that have suffered more than I, is that life is nothing short of a miracle. Every time a new life is created...every time a new heart starts beating...every time a new child enters this world...it's a miracle. A miracle that I have taken for granted too many times.

So now, with a new look, a new name, and a new outlook, I am going to start looking afresh for the miracles around me. Starting with the two most precious miracles in my life...Becca, and Allie.

14 comments:

Janelle said...

Renee, you had me at Hello.

What a beautiful new look and title. I love the significance in your life right now.

Thank you for sharing your heart with us strangers over the last few days. I feel like a trusted friend who has been able to pray for you and your family. That is an honor.

Tulips are my favorite, too.

Sittintall said...

Beautiful new look! It seems to fit you well.

Jenni S. said...

Renee, I LOVE the new look. It's simple and fresh and the tulips are beautiful.

I'm thankful that things went smoothly for you Saturday and that Friday was what it needed to be for you. Rest up and I hope the week is peaceful for you.

Earen said...

I really like your new look and blog title! I was thinking & praying for you on Saturday, so I'm glad to hear that things went well. It's neat even amidst our pain that God reveals more of Himself...You have a beautiful heart Renee!

Anonymous said...

I love the birth of your new Blog and what He is teaching you!

May the hope of spring be a reminder to you always of the hope that comes from Him.

Beautiful and keeping you in prayer.

BethAnne said...

I am so glad you are on the mend (mentally and physically).

I am loving the new look. It is easy to read and there isnt too much going on - some blogs can make you cross-eyed!

Mari said...

Renee - you truly are an inspiration! I love what you have to say today and I also really like the new look and title!

Shelley said...

I love it Renee! The name and the "look"! I love tulips too. I'm so glad your surgery went well. I hope you continue to feel better fast, so you can get back to those two precious miracles!

Emily Dykstra said...

Hi, Renee-
Your new site is so beautiful and refreshingly springy. I love it!

Your last paragraphs on the miracles of children really resonated with me. Amen.

Laughing... you don't know why you felt tired after your surgery? You've been through a lot of emotions, girl. You've been through the equivalent of boot camp. I'm glad you have some friends and family who can help you laugh again.

Sarah Markley said...

You are beautiful! And I love the tulips, the new name, everything. I like fresh beginnings.

Lynn said...

Beautiful...all of it...the new look, the new title, the new outlook on life. Isn't it amazing how God uses the REALLY HARD stuff of life to grow us, mature us, and make us appreciate the small things even more. Praise God for the two beautiful miracles He has entrusted to you.

Alana said...

I love, love, LOVE the new look! Thinking of you often and lifting you up in prayer!

Short Stop said...

This new look is YOU! YOU are fresh and springy, and your reminders today are just evidence of God working in your heart and planting new seeds there.

Thinking of you often! :)

Anonymous said...

I REALLY love your new look! Tulips are my favorite, too - and bright pink is one of my favorite colors.

I think I mentioned that my sister had several miscarriages that sounded very similar to yours. They WIPED HER OUT for days at a time, so don't worry about that - just try to rest. Your body has been through a lot, probably more than you realize.

Hope you feel better very soon -
praying for you tonight.

Jen