Thursday, August 10, 2006

Dare to dream?

Maybe I should start this post with a warning. To anyone who may read this: I am a Christian, and my faith is a big part of my life. I don't mean to offend anyone with what I write here, but it is part of who I am. So please don't read this if you're offended by such things.

Ahem... :) That said, I've been getting back into doing my devotions recently. I'm going through a book called 'Beautiful in God's Eyes' by Elizabeth George. I read about a chapter or two a day, and journal notes down, and my thoughts and prayers about what I just read.


The chapter I read yesterday was about getting up earlier. How in Biblical times, women had to get up early in the morning to get all their daily tasks done. It said we should do that now. It's a good time to have quiet time...both by myself, and in prayer. So...I asked my husband to wake me up at 6 this morning. (I wanted to start with something doable...I thought an hour earlier wouldn't be too bad). Well, he woke me up at 6:15, and I lay in bed for 15 minutes trying to decide what to do. I finally got out of bed, and spent 1/2 an hour reading my Bible, praying, and drinking my coffee. What a peaceful time!!

So that was cool. Definitely something I want to try to do until the baby comes. The time to myself, and time with God was much needed, and much missed.


Today's chapter was about dreams. About how we should figure out what it is that we really want, and go for it. One of the questions that I'm supposed to think about is "if there was a way that you could contribute financially to your family, what would you love to do?"

What a question. I'm not sure I know the answer exactly. For the last 5 years or so, I have felt (on and off) that I'm supposed to do something in ministry. Someday. My dream job in ministry? I would LOVE to write. I would love to edit something. Maybe a newsletter, or some sort of publication? I love all things to do with communication/ broadcasting. I would love to do something with TV or radio. I like to scrapbook, and LOVE pictures.

Now, I know that there's not a job with those aspects available to me right now. But I think I WILL dream about it. I need to find more purpose in my life. Maybe focusing on things that I love will help. I think journaling, and even putting random thoughts on here is a good start. It gets me back into writing. And doing devotions helps. It gets me back to my faith

Definitely something to think about. If I could pick a purpose for my life, what would it be? If I could pick a dream job right now, what would it entail? Hmmm....

No comments: