Sunday, August 06, 2006

Relaxing....

Sigh. What a relaxing weekend so far!! I can honestly say that I feel tired still (I AM pregnant, after all), but rejuvenated. It has been a very peaceful, wonderful weekend.

We celebrated our anniversary yesterday. We dropped off Becca at my mom's house at 1 (in time for her afternoon nap), then we went to KS and got some 'goodies' to snack on. (Sidenote...can you believe that they have Halloween candy out already?) We headed downtown, and saw 'Pirates of the Carribbean'. (Another sidenote...if you haven't already seen this movie, we totally suggest waiting until it comes out on video. The story was good, and the acting was good, but the movie was about an hour too long. People were leaving the theater, and we wanted to, but wanted to see how it ended. I can't tell you how many times I checked my phone to see what time it was, though.)

After the movie, we found our hotel. We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard on the 16th St Mall. (Thanks, mom!) It was nice...a GREAT location, and our room looked right onto the mall, so we could people watch. We got changed- and I found out that I'm a big dork. I wore shorts, socks, and tennis shoes when we went down there, because I didn't know how much walking we would do. I brought some khaki capris and a cute top to change into for dinner, but FORGOT to bring black shoes!! So wouldn't you know it...I had to wear tennis shoes with my capris. DORK!! My husband was happy, though. He doesn't like to dress up, so he saw my wearing tennis shoes as his chance to change from his khakis and dress shoes back into his shorts and tennies. Because he didn't want me to 'look out of place'. Thanks, honey!!

We were going to have dinner at Fado's Irish Pub (we love Irish pubs, and Andy has heard about this one), but when we got there at 7, there was NOBODY in the place, and the waitstaff barely looked up from the game they were watching on TV to tell us we could sit anywhere. We didn't want to be the only ones there, so we left. We had a really good dinner at Wynkoop Brewery. (Thanks for the suggestion, Tara!)

After dinner, we walked around downtown, checked out Larimer Square, Writer Square, and the mall. We were back in our room by 9, and in bed (asleep) by 11. I tell you...we're EXCITING people!!

We had a relaxing breakfast at Mimi's, and picked up our little girl. It was soo good to see her. I got a big, special 'mommy' hug.

Today, I am content. I lvoe my life. I love my family. I love my friends. Thank you, Lord!

No comments: