I decided to rename my blog. I thought 'One Mama's Journey' was more fitting to what I talk about on here. When I first started, I thought I would just talk about the different things I do or think in a day. It looks like, for now, at least, it might take more of a serious direction. I really DO want to be a writer, and it is good for me to practice writing, like someone might read it. (Did that make sense?)
Anyway...
One of my favorite friends recently titled her blog entry 'Far From Perfect'. That description has come to my mind a lot lately, in reference to myself. For the last month or so, I've been spending time doing devotions, reading my Bible, and just trying to spend time with God. And most of the time, I feel really good about it. But I'm always reminded of how 'far from perfect' I am.
Today was a good example of one of the ways I'M far from perfect. I woke up early, read my Bible, and had really good prayer time. Started the day off feeling really good. For some reason though, it's days like this that I seem to have the hardest time. I had absolutely NO patience with Becca today. I got frustrated with her so easily, and felt like a hypocrite, for just praying and reading about peace and patience. If someone had been watching me read my Bible, and then snap at my child, they would think I'm a hypocrite.
But I don't think that they should, or that I should feel too bad about it. Because we're all human. We all (well, most of us) have good intentions, but get sidetracked along the way. We wouldn't be human if we didn't get frustrated, or swear occassionally while listening to Christian music (hee hee, T). And I don't think that God expects any more of us. He just wants us to do our best. If our heart is in the right place, and we're trying, that's what matters, right?
I'll just try to have more patience tomorrow. Although I'm sure there will be something else I'll struggle with. I just need to choose how I handle it.
By the way...Becca is in a 'kissing phase' right now. She loves to give hugs and kisses. Nothing makes my frustration melt like my little girl hugging me, putting her lips to my cheek, and making a kissing sound. Just when I think I can't possibly love her anymore...
1 comment:
Wait! Someone reads my blog?? Ha ha.
Well, I'm glad I could inspire you to be okay with imperfection! (errr, is that a good thing?) We'll just be in it together. I think that hypocrisy is just an occupational hazard of parenthood. There's only one Guy who wouldn't be able to say "Do as I say, not as I do" and we both know who He is. :)
Oh -- and just you wait until Miss Becca puts an "I love you, Mommy" with those kisses. Talk about becoming a puddle of goo!!
Post a Comment