This will be a catch up post. Too much to do today to think more than I need to.
We decided on the house, (yay!) and are moving in this Saturday. We're hoping to start bringing some carloads over every night this week, to make the move as seamless as possible. We really want to do as much of the moving as we can while the girls are asleep. We're hoping to be able to help them get used to the new house, and that will be easier to do if we can pay attention to them, and not be unpacking all the time.
So this week we are looking for a washer & dryer, and setting up all our services. We're trying to get things set up to rent our townhouse in Colorado. We're trying to tie up loose ends here at Amy's house. I'm going to meet with some professional cleaning services and see how much it would cost to have them come in and leave the place spotless. (Not that we've made it dirty...but I want to leave it better than when we came.)
Becca has actually had a day or two of acting like herself. It doesn't last for the whole day, but seeing glimpses of my happy girl have been a ray of sunshine through the clouds for me.
It has been a rough month for her, and an especially rough last week. The dr prescribed some antibiotics for her sinus infection, and we noticed an allergic reaction over the weekend. Her toes and fingers swelled up, her face turned red, and she broke out in hives all over her body. This was the first time she's taken any prescription medicine, so it was a little bit scary. We had to give her Benadryl all weekend, which made her very sleepy and cranky.
Now that the Benadryl and the antibiotic are out of her system, we're supposed to try a different antibiotic to treat her sinus infection. I'm a little nervous about this...but she's still complaining about headaches and a sore throat. So we'll see what the dr says.
As you can imagine, it's been a hard parenting week. Between all the stress on us, and an extremely cranky, sick little girl, it has been a lesson in patience for me. I apparently haven't been learning the lesson very easily though, because I've been having migraine headaches on and off since Saturday. (Anyone have any suggestions on how I can relax???)
I didn't lose any weight this week, but I feel good about the progress I've made. I had some good, healthy meals this last week, and I've been active.
This week will be a bit more challenging since we have so much going on. My goals this week are to continue to eat healthy, to try to handle the stress better, and to try not to let the stress carry over onto our girls. I want to be sweet to my husband, even though we're both in totally different mindsets this week. (When he has stuff like this going on, he mentally checks out...he will be like this until we're all settled in. He's in 'accomplish the tasks at hand' mode.) I also want to a make sure to fit my devotional time in. I know I can't get through this week without leaning fully on God.
Sorry for the rambling...
Happy Tuesday!!
11 comments:
Sorry to hear about Becca's allergic reaction. Both Morgan and Landon have reacted to rocephin but have been fine taking other antibiotics, even from the same antibiotic group (does that make sense?)
Great news about the house. I know that moving can be stressful - I will be praying for you this week. I hope your headaches get better - yuck! I know you feel like you want to push through because there is so much to do. You can do it, it will be over before you know it. You are so right about leaning on God and having time with Him - He will be your biggest source of strength!
Good luck, Renee. I know it will be great this weekend! Just think, soon you will be able to relax in a place that is yours!
Oh friend....I'm sorry for the heavy load you are carrying right now. It can seem very overwhelming I'm sure. I remember what my sweet mama always tells me, God doesn't give you strength, He IS YOUR STRENGTH." Now you just hold on to that & of course I'll be praying for you.
Phew! I'm tired just reading that. I am praying that your move goes well and that you all will find peace and comfort in the new house!
Migraines. I struggle with those, too.
I'm not sure I can give you an advice on how to relax, but I deal with the Migraines by putting a warm compress on my eyes (I know a lot of people use cold, but I like warm), taking one pseudophed, one Excedrin, and one Ibuprofen (I call it my cocktail ;-), and then lying down in a dark room with my "blankie" (which is of course a new addition ;-)
Hope this helps. I'm not sure you'll have time to do the lying down in a dark room thing with all the packing, but you might try the Cocktail. It works for me!
Sorry to hear about Becca's reaction and her continued illness. There is nothing tha gets a Mom down like a sick kid! Glad you have the housing situation figured out - now you are working toward a goal, and that will help. I'll keep praying for Becca, your headaches and the move.
Claire has had the hives before, and they came back every so often for about a year, so don't be surprised if that happens. If you can, something stronger like zyrtec works better than benadryl, if it gets bad again. Claire's was so bad we used both! They said it was "hives upon hives." Misery.
I'm glad your sweetie is generally feeling better. It's amazing how much stress THAT relieves for a mama!
Congrats on the house. Now hopefully you can rest and enjoy "normal" life for awhile!
Try Alana's "cocktail" it really does seem to work for her. I'm so sorry about your rough week. I hope you have a much easier week ahead of you! Hang in there!
Glad to hear that your housing situations seems to be on the up and up. Won't be long now, and you'll have a place to call home for awhile anyway. Keep hanging in there. Hopefully, Becca has more and more of those better days too (and without the allergic reaction).
I hate your daughter had the reaction - scary!
Glad to hear you guys have found a house. Hope all goes well with the move - I will be praying.
Sounds like a hard week. I am so sorry to hear that. I expect your new house will be the light at the end of this darkness.
I am sure you are excited to have the hard work behind you.
Good luck!
Okay - so this is the 2nd time I've left a comment with no comment being left. :( Wahhh!
I'm so sorry about Becca's continued struggle to stay healthy, and I know that the reaction was scary for you. Still praying for all of you over here -- I hope that you are able to settle quickly into the new home and that it's a great place to land for you guys and the place that you're in right now.
I even put a happy little quote in here last time. I remember the quote but not who said it.
"Living happily ever after can only be done on a day-to-day basis."
You can do it today, my friend. *Hugs*
Post a Comment