I'm still alive!! (And pretty darn happy about it...can you tell?)
It looks like 'the virus' may be leaving our family soon, and I couldn't be happier to see it go. We have colds and headaches to deal with, but compared to the tummy troubles of the last 2 weeks...we're good to go.
Because I am trying to be more positive in my words and thoughts, I haven't written much recently. (Most of what would have come out of my mind/heart would have been less than positive, so I have been waiting for the fog to lift). It's still a little foggy, but it's becoming clearer every day.
Just a few updates...
-We put an offer on the house with the boat in the backyard. The bank is involved, so now we wait to hear what their answer is. Surprisingly (for me), I am not too anxious. I'm really trying to let God steer this one, and I'm doing my best to trust His driving.
-I echo the sentiments of other mothers with sick little ones. I have missed Allie so much these last few weeks, even though she hasn't been too far from me. She is just starting to get back to acting like herself, and it is so good to see her again!!
-Tomorrow is Becca's tumbling class. I can't wait to see how she does with the other kids! It will be so fun to see if she participates right away, or if she just hangs back and watches. Either way...I'm excited to see her do something different like this.
-On Friday we have an appointment for Becca with an allergist out here. We're hoping to get some answers, some advice, and some direction.
-I started my first Bible Study this past week. I have never actually done a Bible study before, so I'm really excited. We're doing Beth Moore's "A Woman's Heart God's Dwelling Place". So far, it's really good!
-I'm not a big TV person (I haven't watched much since last May), but I'm excited that 'Lost' is coming back on this week. (We're looking back now? And if it's not Penny's boat, then whose is it??) And 'American Idol' is on again...I love it!!
11 comments:
I love your new look! Glad everyone is starting to feel better. I'm anxious for Lost too, but will have to tape it, as we will be gone that night.
Yay! for virus free.
Yay! for LOST!
Glad you are back in the living.
Welcome back my friend! I am glad to know everyone is starting to get better - sorry that you have all been so sick.
I like the new look to your blog. Very nice!
You will LOVE Beth Moore. She is so captivating- I love her sense of humor!
I will be praying for your appointment with Becca and about the house (glad to know you have some peace about that situation)
Glad to see you back! I can't wait to hear news about the house. Thank God for his PEACE!
Glad to hear that things are better & welcome back to blog world! I missed you!
YAY for being all better! YAY for the house with the boat! YAY for Beth Moore studies!! Glad you are back!
Love the new wallpaper! It's so much prettier to look at than out my window (where everything is snow and slush covered!). So happy to hear that you all are getting well again!
I really hope Becca loves her class. Annie takes gymnastics, and she absolutely loves it!
I'm glad you have a peace about the house. That is a great place to be!
And I'm with you on the American Idol thing, Love It!
Glad things are turning around. Now if we can just get spring to swing around the corner, life without infectious germs would be great!
Love that the virus is gone!
Love the "new' look! So cheery.
Love hearing from you again!
Missed you!
That was my first Beth Moore bible study I ever did, I think. Isn't it the tabernacle one? If it is, it's super good.
Glad to hear you're coming out of the shadows, too. It's tough, isn't it? We are getting better over here - but tonight I'm feeling like I'm getting a COLD! I've been afraid that Jack and I had different things and that I would get whatever he had eventually... so I'm praying mightily that I have not and will not. We are supposed to go out of town Friday for a week. More on that later. Lets just say it is VERY important to me that we all be well!!!
Hopefully I will have a good report. I'm double dosing on vitamins, etc...
Hope you get some good news from the allergist. My sister in law finally took her son after he had been sick off and on for 2 years, probably. He has done exceptionally well with his new restrictive diet and he has not only been well, but he also looked much better when we saw him last. Brighter and more alert and generally happier. That's not to say that it's easy. It's an adjustment, to say the least. And each time he goes he seems to have more and different allergies! His diet has gotten more and more restricted in the last few months. But the hope is that at some point he will "peak out" and things will then get easier.
Nancy says that it has really motivated her to do what she needed to do to begin with - cook more healthfully and stop with the processed food and take-out. She is a widow of 2 young children who is also working, so you can imagine how easy it would have been to not do the cooking and planning as you might ordinarily.
So, anyway, this is long enough. Off to bed with me now! Y'all get well and have a great week.
Post a Comment