Friday, April 11, 2008

Just a Note...

Just a quick note regarding my last post about telling my story in 100 words or less:

-I attempted to write out my story a few months ago. It is wordy and long winded, but it's out there. You can find a link at the left side of my page, under 'Getting To Know Me'. Just click on 'My Story'. And you might want to make sure you're in a comfy chair-it's not the shortest thing you'll ever read.

-Also, I wanted to say that I think stories like my husband's (and some of yours) are amazing. I don't think that there is anything 'boring' about growing up in the faith. I think that having the gift of living your life walking with the Lord is something to be cherished, and appreciated. Because of his solid upbringing, my husband is the stable person that I need him to be. I am emotionally all over the place, and he is able to help me stay grounded.

Before I was a believer, I was extremely envious of those of you with 'steady' stories. The idea of a God who loves us so much that He could reach down and grab us as young children and keep us close to Him has always been very romantic (for lack of a better word) to me.

So cherish your stories. Whether you were snatched from a dark place and your life was changed tremendously, or you have walked by God's side your entire life, your story matters, and was written to touch somebody.

6 comments:

BethAnne said...

I loved your 100 word story ---its YOUR testimony and its to Gods glory - just the way He planned it!

Anonymous said...

I love your story! It's powerful. And it continues!!! That's the best part...

Sittintall said...

Thanks.

Shelley said...

Wow Renee, that was really well written. I love how you said..."The idea of a God who loves us so much that He could reach down and grab us as young children ..." That is so true! I actually read your story the other day. You're right, it's not short :) but it was Awesome to see how God brought you to Him!

Alana said...

I like what you said about us steady story kinds. For me, my story has been more of a gradual process, with some interesting tidbits along the way.

Sarah Markley said...

Okay, this is beautiful!=)