Friday, September 14, 2007

Squawking Around the House

I had a sweet (I thought) topic for my blog today, but I don't have the right picture for it yet. Our memory chip is full, and I've been meaning to take it to Walgreens to have a CD made so I can clear it. I really need to do that...the girls are doing some pretty cute things now!

So, instead...I think I'll write about the random thoughts that have been rolling around in my head lately. Stray thoughts, and things I don't want to forget.

These are the trees that I keep talking about. This picture doesn't do them justice...I will take more when I have space on my camera. They are beautiful. I'm so used to living in places that back right up to other homes. To be living in a house that backs up to woods...it's medicine to my soul. Really. Our bedroom has windows facing the trees, too. I'll have to take more pictures when the leaves change...







Becca is becoming quite the little talker. I can have actual conversations with her now, and they even make sense! I love talking to her, because I never know what she's going to say.


Yesterday I asked Allie if she needed to take another nap. Becca said "Sure does, mommy! She sure does want a nap!" She also has extensive conversations on her toy phones. Yesterday we were playing in the 'play room', and Allie spit up a little bit. Becca ran to her phone, picked it up and said "Hi Daddy. Allie spit up a little bit. Mommy cleaning up spit. Sooooo....ummmmmmm...mommy all done cleaning up spit. Okay. Bye!"


Today, we were playing downstairs. There was a childrens CD playing in Becca's room, and Allie was in there, investigating everything within her reach. Becca found her little folding chair, and brought it in there to 'give Elmo a bottle'. I was putting some clothes away in Allie's room, next door. Becca comes walking in with her chair and says "Becca needs to feed Elmo in here. Too many toys in Beh's room. Elmo no eat bottle." She gets her Elmo, sits in her chair, holds Elmo in her arm just like I do with Allie, fixes a burp cloth under his chin, and holds her toy bottle to his mouth.


This morning when I went into her room to get her up, she had her baby doll (with a diaper on, I might add) in her lap, and was reading 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' to her. I couldn't get her out of her bed until she was done.

Allie mastered her crawling skills the night we moved into this house. I think all she needed was room. Now, she's all over the place, and her favorite place to be is near Becca. She simply adores her big sister, and is interested in anything that she's doing. She's so fun to watch crawl, because it's still so new to her. She is over the moon that she has this new skill, and crawls around the house, squawking her excitement to us. She's especially funny if she sees something she wants across the room. She'll start crawling really fast, and she'll just start squawking something silly as she makes her way to her 'prize'.
Sigh. These are the moments I need to relish.

1 comment:

Earen said...

I can't believe how big Allie is getting. Just seems like yesterday since you had her. Thanks for sharing your random thoughts...I enjoy reading them & seeing what your kids are doing. Love the trees too...