Monday, October 22, 2007

Every Season

I think a lot of the ladies who read my blog are Nichole Nordeman fans, so this may be something that you're familiar with already. While I really like her music, I don't have any of her CD's (yet), and up to now haven't known much about her music. I think this is going to change.

In church yesterday, we were talking about who God is. It was the first in a series that is going to dive deep, and try to go through the attributes of God. During the message, a video was played with a Nichole Nordeman song in the background. Maybe it was the video (different scenes in nature), maybe it was the overwhelming feeling of just how BIG God is, or maybe it was the moment. Whatever it was, this song hit me hard. The lyrics are absolutely wonderful (as in full of wonder), and the song itself is beautiful. I just had to share the lyrics.


Every Season
Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer
And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are autumn

And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter

And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring

3 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

I love this...beauty in words. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I do love Nicole Nordeman, but I have not heard this before. I'll have to go look for it, it's perfect. It says so well what I feel in brief moments of beauty when you think for a second, "oh! I get it..." then it's gone. But you know one day you'll really "get it."

It's interesting to think that God could have chosen to make things so differently, but He didn't. I'm glad He made seasons and colors and weather. It does make us raise our eyes.

I'm Tara. said...

I love this. Haven't yet heard it either, but it's wonderful. Thanks for sharing it...