Wow. It's been a crazy couple of months.
A quick summary:
May 25- the start of Memorial Day weekend. Also the start of our fasting/praying about whether or not we should pursue a move to MI in the near future.
May 28- we make the decision (after 3 days of praying) to put our townhouse on the market for the 4th time. We asked my mom if we could move in with her while our home is for sale, so it might show better. We haven't decided about MI yet.
May 31- my mom comes over for dinner. She tells us that we can move in with her. We're still praying that this is the right decision.
June 16- we start the move. This means late nights of packing and cleaning after the kids are in bed. First, to pack up our stuff in order to move to my mom's. Then to clean the townhouse so it's ready to be put on the market.
June 25- our home goes on the market.
June 27- we find out early in the morning that my hubby's grandpa passed away, so we need to leave early for our roadtrip to Michigan for vacation. We have now decided that we want to pursue a move to MI, and are praying that this trip answers any questions we may still have.
July 11- we arrive home from our whirlwind road trip to Michigan certain that we have made the right decision. Now we just wait for my husband to find a job, and the house to sell.
The rest of July- we have family in town
August 3-our 5 year anniversary. Because of our situation, we're not able to do anything 'big' to celebrate. We do go out to dinner.
August 4- hubby leaves for Texas, for a week. He's there helping a store (within his company) get going with their new software update.
August 11- hubby gets back. I'm a little frazzled. Allie cut some teeth, and there was much crying while hubby was gone. Also lots of 'working on our relationship' with my mom.
August 14- my 31 birthday
August 19- hubby flies to MI for a job interview.
August 20- hubby has interview, then flies home
August 21- hubby is offered job in MI
August 22- hubby accepts job in MI
The rest of August- spent trying to find a place to live in MI, and packing like crazy. Making moving plans.
September 1- going away party in Colorado
September 6- leave for Michigan- also anniversary of my dad's death
September 8- arrive at Amy's house in MI
September 12- hubby's first day at new job
September 22- BBQ in MI, to see old friends
September 27- hubby goes out of town for work retreat
September 27- we get an offer on our townhouse
September 28- our townhouse is 'under contract' (all of this done by me, since my husband is out of town still), also my dad's birthday
October 1- we need to find a home! We told Amy that we would try to only stay at her house for 60 days. She will probably be flexible with us, but my prayer is that we're in our own 'home' in time for the holidays. That means we need to start looking now. And packing again.
Oh...and Allie needs her 9 month checkup. Need to find a pediatrician.
Hmmm....it's been a month since we packed up. There are probably bills that need to be paid.
Oops...my two best friends had babies and birthdays, and I haven't given gifts for any of the above.
AArrrghhh!! Right now, I feel like the dove that Noah sent out from the ark. The dove kept searching for a place to land, but couldn't find one.
When the dove couldn't find a place to land, it returned to Noah, where it knew it was safe.
Right now, my life feels crazy. Not much stability or comfort anywhere, at the moment. I'm looking for a place to land, to feel safe, and I'm not finding one. There are 300 million things to do and to think about. I'm completely overwhelmed and feeling a bit lost.
But...I know where I can go to rest...
"you are the Everlasting God
the Everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles"
-Lincoln Brewster
4 comments:
Wow, you have A LOT going on. Bless your heart. You are right to go to Him for rest. Things will settle down again soon. Try not to sweat the small stuff. If only I could take my own advice ;-) Easier said than done, right?
Wow---that's a lot of stuff!! But, you know where to truly find rest....in Him. This is a season and He is using all of this to conform you more into the image of His Son. I pray that He will cause you not to faint and that He will lift you up on wings like eagles.
It must be the season... so much to do, so little time! Just today I had a 12 year old girl in my car saying, "there just aren't enough hours in the day!" I laughed and said, "that is bad, BAD, if you already feel like that, because they only go faster as you age!"
What a great perspective to be able to recognize where rest is. I struggle and fight it, like a baby not wanting to nap. And there He is, with a bed all made for me...
Sometimes that is just the answer we need. Rest. (but I can't resist... I will be praying about the house!!! great analogy with Noah, there... love that... you have a way with word pictures!)
*big hug* I so wish that I was there to help you! Times like this make me miss you terribly. It's also funny to me that I planned to call you about 400 times yesterday but just couldn't find 5 minutes...ya know, that crazy life thing.
You are totally justified in feeling overwhelmed -- I think anyone would in your situation. You are wise to remember where to rest, just as you and Andy were wise to remember where to look for strength, guidance, and peace. I'm so glad that you are able to sell the townhouse!! I'm excited to see what God has in store for you next.
Love you!!!!!!
Post a Comment