I really do have more thoughts in my head than just what goes on in my day to day life. I really do think of things that I would like to write about. But then, lately, all the other stuff just takes over my mind, and I can't focus.
Will life ever be 'normal' again?
I think the answer, in mommydom, is no. There will always be 20 different things going on at one time. 60 different things that need your attention. Life will never be the same.
I know this. I do. But I still find myself getting overwhelmed in all the details. Especially right now. I'm sure there are many moms out there who would take what's going on in my life right now in stride, and not break a sweat. But I'm sweating. Sitting here in sweats, a baseball hat, without having washed my hair today. I probably should be doing that right now, but I'm choosing to sit here and vent instead. I guess I'm not one of those moms.
So here's my week so far.
Yesterday was good. Church in the morning, rest in the afternoon, and house hunting in the evening. We have now decided on which part of town we want to live in, and not surprisingly, it is not the part of town we were originally planning on. Actually, it's a city that people suggested to us when we first moved here, and we said "No, we don't want to live there." Ha!
So the house with the guy that I wrote about before is sold. It sold right before we went looking on Saturday, actually. It's kind of funny. This house was in the part of town that we were originally house hunting in. There were several houses with a lot of potential for us, but every one of them (3) sold the day before we were going to go look. And they had all been on the market for a while. Coincidence? I think not.
Last night, we went to look at the house with the pool again. We also looked at another 4 bedroom in the same town, and were able to rule that one out. So it was back to the house with the pool. The house needs a lot of work, and a good bit of it would need to be done before we moved in, if it were to feel at all like 'home' to us. The good news for us is that the house just went into foreclosure last week. So we would be able to buy it for well below market value. It stinks to take advantage of someone else's misfortune, but unfortunately, that's the market right now.
We decided to make an offer on that house. We made plans with our realtor to come over tonight after the girls are in bed, and write it out.
So....
Becca had a dr's appointment this morning. I made it last Friday, after someone from the office finally called me back, and told me that they couldn't give me any advice until after they've seen her. I actually thought about cancelling the appointment because she seemed to be doing much better, but I'm glad I didn't. She woke up this morning with a fever, and crying about her mouth and tummy hurting.
After 2 hours of waiting at the dr's, we finally got in. They are going to do a culture to find out if she has a bladder infection, and the doctor told us that she has a virus as well. I guess she has tiny little red dots scattered over her body, which is a good indicator of the virus that is going around now. It causes upset tummy, sore throat, fever, and a lot of pain. (I asked Becca to point to the part of her mouth where she hurt, and she pointed to her throat). Poor girl. No wonder she's been having such a rough time lately. She's miserable!!
Right before we left for the dr, our realtor called. She said she found out about a house that's going on the market today that we might be interested in. She wants us to see it before we make an offer on the house with the pool. I guess it has 5 bedrooms, and the house was pretty much redone recently, so there wouldn't be much work to do to get it ready for us. We're going to meet at this house after my husband gets out of work, and see what it's like.
Allie just woke up...gotta run!!
3 comments:
Poor Becca!! Sweet girl. Give her some lovin' from me. :( I know that hurts your momma heart to see her so miserable.
Exciting about the house situation - keep us posted on the new one!! I'm with you - doesn't sound like coincidence with the other area of town.
I'm gonna call you. Promise!!!
You do have a lot going on. I struggle with feeling of being overwhelmed as well. I'm not sure if it is my life or just because I am not capable of taking things in stride. Probably a little bit of both ;-)
Hope Becca feels better soon!
Wow, you do have a lot on your plate. I'm sure you will be so glad when you've found a house, moved in, and can breathe a sigh of relief as you settle into the couch. Hope your little one gets better soon. My 18 mo old has laryngitis and just sounds so awful. It breaks your heart to see them in pain :(
Post a Comment