Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cider Mill

I have enjoyed others postings about their trips to apple orchards so much that I decided to follow suit.

This is especially fun for me, since this cider mill was on the top of our 'We Miss Michigan Because' list. The Cider Mill we went to is the same one I used to visit with my Girl Scout Troop, and the same one my hubby grew up going to. When I was feeling nostalgic in CO, I tried to find an apple orchard or cider mill out there, but couldn't find any. So, we have been anxiously waiting for our chance to take advantage of this Michigan gem.

My mom flew in for the weekend, and was able to share this experience with us. Becca really enjoyed having her come along.

Mmmmmmmmm....fresh apple cider!!


Waiting for the train with daddy.


There goes the train!! (This is a great idea for kids. It's free, it's a short trip, but the kids love it!)

It's really windy out here!

Becca is 3 feet tall this year!



Picking out pumpkins with daddy and grandma.


We found some pumpkins! One for Becca, and one for Allie.



Strong Becca pulling her prized pumpkins.

It was a windy day, and a little bit chilly, but isn't that what fall is all about? We had a great day of cider and donuts, train rides, playing, and pumpkin picking. It was a wonderful way to usher in fall. And enjoy what a treasure this experience was for Becca.



4 comments:

BethAnne said...

Looks like a perfect day! Dont you just love fall?

Earen said...

How fun that looks!

Thank you for all your encouraging comments on my blog Renee..I really appreciate them & your friendship. I'm praying for you & your house situation too. I know the LOrd has the best for you.

Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

How fun----we don't have anything like that here in Japan!

I'm Tara. said...

I would probably have missed that a lot too -- seeing as how I've never been to one! Looks fun - love that Becca was pulling her pumpkins! Strong girl. :)