Monday, October 22, 2007

Nine Months


My baby is nine months old. Actually, 9 months old and 5 days. She has lived just as long outside of my womb as she has inside. She can stand, pull herself up, wave, and feed herself finger foods. She is becoming more and more independent of me everyday. But she's still my baby.
At nine months, she is 29" long, and weighs 20 lbs, 11 oz. That puts her in the 97% for her height (she's a tall girl!), and the 76% for her weight. She's healthy...we can say that with confidence.

Allie is our sock chewing, piggy face making, 'mama' saying, good nap taking, bopping to the music baby. She's easygoing and silly, and it doesn't take much to snap her out of a cranky mood.

Allie has adapted to the many changes in our lives recently with ease. She has the wonderful ability to sleep pretty much anywhere, as long as she knows mommy isn't too far away.

She is also very fond of her big sister. Whatever Becca is doing is what she wants to do. Where Becca goes, she follows. And nobody can make her laugh like Becca can.


Allie is our sunshine. A bright, innocent ball of sunshine that lights a path wherever she goes. It is a joy to pick her up from the nursery at church. We are usually greeted with comments like "Your baby makes funny faces, she's had us cracking up." or "Allie just danced the whole time...she had us laughing pretty hard."


She loves to clap, wave, and explore everything within her sight. She is a classic baby in every sense of the word. She is our baby. My baby. A gift for which I will forever be thankful for. A little person whom I will never stop wanting to hold as close to my heart as possible.

4 comments:

BethAnne said...

beautiful!

Sittintall said...

Oh how wonderful to have an easy going baby. And a beautiful one at that. Sounds like you need that right now with all the chaos that's been going on. By the way, what's happened with the house you put an offer on?

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! I loved your comment about her being 9 months old and being the same outside of the womb as she was in the inside. 9 months is a long time and yet it passes by so quickly too. Loved the pictures!

I'm Tara. said...

Ohhhh, I just wanna squeeze her!! She is precious Renee -- just precious! I can't believe how big she's gotten. I love those eyes. I could just swim in them!!