Monday, October 29, 2007

Time to Regroup

I am blessed. Really blessed.

I am blessed with two beautiful little girls who light up my life. I am blessed with a husband who is more than I could have ever imagined for myself. And I am blessed that said husband came with a wonderful family. A healthy family that I feel blessed to be a part of.

They saw that we were broken, and that we needed a break. So they offered themselves, and their home for us.

We left Friday afternoon, and spent the weekend at their house. We rested, we took naps, and we took great joy in watching our girls get loved on and played with by their Papa and Nana.

We even went on a date!! We left our girls in very capable and loving hands, and were able to have some much needed time to ourselves. We had a leisurely dinner, and walked around the mall, talking and laughing. We even saw a good, clean movie. (Dan in Real Life- it was good!)

We needed this break, this time to regroup, more than we knew.

It was good.

5 comments:

Alana said...

Yay! So thankful you had a "break". They do wonders for us, don't they?

I love those time when my husband and I can get away and laugh together!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you had that time together! Aren't nana's and papa's great? :) Isn't God great?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got to go out alone. And glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of it and enjoy it. I've prayed for you this weekend! God is at work...all the time.

Sittintall said...

So glad you had the opportunity to regroup. You did really need that. Hopefully there are some other nights you are able to do that.

Earen said...

How wonderful! Thank the Lord for the family He's given you...are you blessed Renee. I continue to be praying for you friend.