I haven't talked about my 'children' in a while. I want to- if for no other reason than so I can look back sometime in the future, and read about this time in life. It goes by so fast, and they grow up so quickly, I need to try to remember all the little moments along the way.
The baby is kicking and moving all around now. I can feel him/her several times a day now. My husband was even able to feel some kicks last night. It's still a miracle to know that there is a little life in me! It's kind of weird to think that someone else was formed, and grew there before this one called it 'home', though. That's where Becca was made. Crazy.
Right now, I have a feeling that this baby is a boy. Just my 'gut' instinct. Although, my 'gut' instinct was proven wrong with Becca- I was pretty sure she was a boy. This time, though, my cravings, at least, are different. With Becca, I craved chocolate chip cookies (sweet), and this time, so far, I'm craving french fries (salty). Wendy's, specifically. And Wendy's homestyle chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Notice, though, that neither of those are healthy. Most of my friends have craved healthy things during their pregnancies (fruit, and healthy stuff like that). Not me, though. Fries, and cookies. :)
Becca is a little nut, as usual. She is still a little kisser. She kisses everything- her stuffed animals, us, the furniture, pictures in magazines, her toys. It's about the sweetest thing ever, though. I hope she keeps that sweetness about her.
She nods her head and says 'yah' now, when she wants to say 'yes' to something we've asked her. One of her favorite words of the week is 'stink'. Last weekend, she was having a hard time going down for her nap, so my husband went in to check on her. When he opened the door, he could tell that she had a dirty diaper because of the smell. And there was Becca...standing in her crib, and when she saw 'daddy', she said "stink". Now she says it whenever she toots, or messes her diaper. "Stink", and she waves her hand in the air, like something is stinky, then she comes and lays down in front of us, like she wants her diaper changed. What a goof!
She also really likes going to get the mail with daddy. It's one of their nightly rituals that I know she just looks forward to. Right now, she loves to pick out 2 rocks along the way. She'll carry one in each hand, all the way to the mailbox and back, and she'll keep them until daddy makes her dump them outside. If we let her, she would have her own big 'box of rocks' in the living room. She's always very proud of her finds.
She is such a precious little person. I really can't imagine how there can be room in my heart to love someone else like I love her. I know it will happen somehow though, and that's kind of fun. To think that I can experience that kind of 'seeing your heart outside of your body' love for two children. When I was pregnant with Becca, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to love her enough. I didn't think there was much room left in my heart, after my love for my husband. I was wrong.
1 comment:
Been there, done that in so many ways.
Yuck!
Post a Comment