Where do little kids learn the things they do?
I've been wondering that lately. I know most of the stuff that Becca does, she has seen my husband or myself do. But not everything.
For example:
Neither my husband or I lie down on the floor when we're upset, pound our fists, and kick our legs. We may want to...but we practice restraint.
We don't turn our head just a little, and look out the corner of our eyes when we want something. This is one of the universal flirting maneuvers, but I actually don't use it anymore. Maybe we're born with it?
We don't fold our arms in front of ourselves when we're pouting, and we don't cover our faces with our hands when someone is trying to feed us something we don't want.
When did our little, completely dependent baby start to be her own person? Becca is very good at making decisions now. She loves it when we ask her 'yes' or 'no' questions, and she likes to tell us what she does, and doesn't want.
She runs around the house acting like a monkey. Literally. Like a monkey. Making monkey noises, and moving her arms. She picks up after herself sometimes, and likes things to be in their places. I changed her diaper yesterday, and afterwards she threw the diaper in the trash, and put the diaper wipes back in the diaper bag.
She says she wants Santa to bring her 'Eldo' for Christmas (she's in love with Elmo). Or maybe 'JoJo'.
It seems like just yesterday she was was lying on the floor, putting everything she could reach into her mouth. She couldn't do much without us, and we were her whole world. Now, she's becoming more and more independent every day.
Just kind of crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment