I think we're finally all back in the land of the living. But dang...what a week!!
We had our 'Thanksgiving' on Saturday. Becca threw up again that morning, and was really lethargic, but my mom still wanted to come over. So...I made my first Thanksgiving meal. It turned out well, if I do say so myself. :)
Becca wasn't drinking, and seemed even more lethargic and whiny than usual, so I played the paranoid mom role and called the doctor's office. Their answering service called back right when we finished our feast. Based on Becca's symptoms, they wanted us to bring her in to the Children's Hospital right away (because the dr's office was closed).
So we all went to the hospital, and they told us that Becca was starting to show signs of dehydration. They gave us some Pedialyte with a little bit of Kool-Aid mixed in (she wouldn't drink anything else), and had us give it to her in a syringe every 5 minutes. She fought us the whole time, but after about an hour of that, she was starting to perk up, and they let us go. I felt pretty silly for taking her to the hospital, just to get her to drink. But...now we know the trick. We had to follow her around with a syringe the rest of the weekend, but she seems to be doing much better today.
That was drama # 1. The other drama of the weekend involved my mom (as most of them seem to do).
It's silly, really. But also totally unnecessary.
The last thing that my hubby ate before he got this stomach bug was a burrito from Taco Bell. Ever since then, he can't see Taco Bell commercials, or even hear anyone talk about 'mexican' food. Anything that reminds him of that burrito makes him sick to his stomach.
So...this comes up several times on Saturday. There was a Taco Bell commercial on TV, and hubby said 'Eww....don't think I'll be eating Taco Bell again for a long time.' I think the commercial came on twice, and he cringed both times. While my mom was in the room, watching. Then, when we were in the hospital, the nurse told us to give Becca bland foods. She said we'd be surprised how many people give their kids burritos, or something silly like that after they throw up. Hubby winced when she said burrito, and after the nurse left said something again about how that was the last thing he ate, and he couldn't even stand the thought of Taco Bell without getting sick.
Okay...the trip to the hospital threw our 'holiday' plans off, so we told my mom she had an open invitation to come back to our house and hang out anytime over the weekend. She called at 5:00 Sunday night, and offered to pick something up for dinner. We had just started some good ole fashioned grilled cheese and tomato soup, but we told her she was welcome to come, and bring something for herself, or eat what we were having. She said she'd pick something up for herself, and be right over.
Can you guess what she picked up for herself? Yep. Taco Bell. A burrito from Taco Bell, to be exact. I opened the door, and she gave me a sheepish look, and said 'is this ok?' Umm....no!! Out of all the fast food places there are, she had to go to the one that she knew would make my hubby sick? And then bring the food into his house, and make him uncomfortable? I was so mad, I can't even express it. How hard would it have been for her to go somewhere else? Or to eat the Taco Bell in her car real quick before she came in?
Hubby was really mad, but didn't want to make my mom feel bad, so he told her not to worry about it. Then he spent most of the rest of the time that she was here either outside or in the bathroom, because the smell made him sick.
Anyway...just had to vent about that. I'm still kind of angry about it all, but I'm also pregnant and hormonal.
I'm happy that my little girl is finally starting to feel better, and that things are getting back to normal around here. I shouldn't let the little things get to me. Just had to get it out. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment