Okay, since I haven't posted in so long, I'll do two today. Maybe more...it IS only 8:00 in the morning.
I feel like I've been out of my mind lately. So overwhelmed that I'm just kind of going through the motions right now.
A week ago, I flew to Connecticut to visit one of my best friends. We had a good visit, and it was fun to see where she lives. I came home to a very disoriented toddler, though. She didn't know why her mama was gone for 4 days. She didn't sleep much while I was gone, and did a lot of crying. I won't take all the credit for this behavior- hubby said she had a fever, too.
I got home Tuesday night. The in-laws came in on Thursday afternoon. We had a really great visit with them. I finally feel like I'm starting to form a connection with my mother in law, and it was really fun to watch them with Becca. She warmed up to them right away, and fell in love with them. Since they left Monday morning, I've been hearing 'nana', and 'bopbop' almost constantly. Poor little bug misses them like crazy.
The downside of a great visit like that is that now my little girl expects to be entertained, held, and played with constantly. If this doesn't happen, she turns into a whiny, hitting, scratching, and pinching little stinker. She's had a really confusing couple of weeks, with my being out of town, grandma and grandpa being here, and now the time change. I realize that she's dealing with a lot, but it doesn't make the constant whining, fits, and refusal to nap any easier.
All this considered, I am now terrified of my day tomorrow. I told a friend of mine that I would watch her little boy for her, one day a week, until she can get him into a daycare. That one day happens to start tomorrow. I will have him from 6:30 in the morning until 6:ish at night.
At the moment, I feel like a tired, frustrated, crying ball of pregnant soreness. What was I thinking? (I've been having those same 'what was I thinking' thoughts about having another baby...I can barely handle one child!)
Here's hoping that the two will distract and entertain each other tomorrow. That my confused toddler might actually take a nap today, and let me have some rest. That I'll find strength from somewhere (I know it won't be from me), and might actually have fun with two kiddos tomorrow. That I'll be reminded today of why I'm so crazy about my little girl. And that I'll remember that being a mom is supposed to be the best job in the world. Here goes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment