Saturday, November 11, 2006

What's in a name?

Proverbs 22:1 says "A good name is more desirable than great riches..."

The hubby and I are on a name hunt. We've had our 'boy' name picked out since before our daughter was born, but we're having a hard time agreeing on another girl name. We change our minds too much.

A month ago, we both really like Abigail (Abby), and Allison (Allie). They've been at the top of our lists for about 7 months now. But the other day I saw 'Abby' written somewhere, and didn't like the way it looked. (Silly, right?) So I mention it to hubby. "Hey honey...I'm not so sure about Abby anymore. I think we should go with Allie." The response I received was "Actually, I don't really like Allison anymore."

So it's back to the drawing board. The thing is, we still have (hopefully) two months left before this little one makes his/her appearance, and chances are good that we'll change our minds again. But I don't want to be without a name, if something should happen and this peanut comes early.

The search is on. Will I win him over to Ashlynn or Kaelynn? Will he talk me into Kelly or Laura? I just pray that we pick a name that will be perfect for this little person growing inside me.

1 comment:

I'm Tara. said...

You could split the difference and use our "Addison" or "Addie". :) You will find the perfect name for your little peanut. Don't stress!

We were list masters...wrote it down with middle name combos and just MADE ourselves come up with a top 3.

I'M SO EXCITED!! Calling you today to hear about the shower!!