Friday, September 15, 2006

Not so easy

Okay, so all that stuff I said the other day about positive thinking is NOT easy. It's really good in theory, and it's good to practice, but it's definitely not natural.

I woke up this morning just feeling beat up. Another one of those days where I have to convince myself to get out of bed. I've been trying to think postively, and read my Bible, but it's a struggle. It's like I want to be depressed. I feel like something is just trying to drag me down, and make me wallow.

But...I still have four more hours to go until my relief comes. That's the thing. I don't have the option to wallow and mope. I have a little girl who needs my attention, love, and play time. So...I gotta keep trying to think positive. Remember my blessings. Think of happy things. I can do it...I've done it before. But it's definitely not easy. It's amazing how much easier it is to think negatively. And it's crazy how fast negative thoughts can snowball. One minute I'm thinking that I'm tired, then the next it's that I haven't had a break in so long, then it's that nobody understands how hard this is, then it's on from there. Crazy, huh?

Well, it IS a beautiful day. And I have a beautiful daughter, a healthy baby on the way, a husband who loves me even when my emotions are all over the place, and friends who care about me. Just have to remember that. :)

1 comment:

I'm Tara. said...

It ISN'T easy...you're right. Being aware of that and getting it out there is usually half the battle for me. Think we can work out our Bible study before October???