Monday, August 20, 2007

Am I Initiated Now?

I guess I knew it had to happen sometime in my parenting life. I've heard other mom's stories, and it was foolish of me to think that it wouldn't happen to me....

My husband is out of town today for his job interview in MI. And he was just of town a week ago, for his current job. I'm not used to his being away, so it has been really hard on me having him gone.

Becca has been having a hard time with him being gone, too. And with us not having a 'home' right now.


So...she's been acting up since hubby left. Last night, she stuck her hand in Allie's cereal while I was feeding her, and put it in her mouth. This is bad enough, but little Becca is allergic to milk. So, she had red spots and a sore tongue for a while.

Today I went to get her up from her nap at 4, and found her sleeping in her crib, with her diaper off, and poop all over her crib. Since I knew she hadn't been asleep too long, I shut the door, came downstairs, and let her sleep. Fortunately (for me and for Becca), I was able to talk to a good friend (thanks, Tara!) before I returned to the scene.

Thanks to my talk with Tara, and the prayers that I was saying continuously while I was cleaning everything up, I was able to stay calm while cleaning up the mess. Poor Elmo has to sleep all by himself tonight, though. (That was her 'punishment'...her beloved Elmo is watching her sleep tonight, instead of being tucked in next to her like he usually is).

Thankfully daddy will be home tonight, and will be here to help me out tomorrow. Things will be much more 'right' in little Becca's world then. And in mine. :)

2 comments:

Earen said...

Oh goodness...I'm sorry about that Renee. Every mom's fear of a poppy crib. Hang in there & I hope that knowing you're not alone is a bit of a comfort to you. I admire your sweet spirit in calming yourself, talking to the Lord & Tara & then proceeding with caution. So often I forget to take a moment prior to heading in. I can't imagine you being anything but sweetness to your girls. Have a great day friend!

I'm Tara. said...

I'm glad it turned out okay. Hope the ol' Elmo removal had some impact, as heartbreaking a move as that is as a Mommy. Earen's right - you are so wise and patient to use prayer and friendship as weapons in your Mommy struggles. I need to take a page out of your book.