That's Becca's new favorite saying. I'm not sure where she got it from (she says it's from the "Doodlebops"), but she loves to respond with that saying whenever I say something like "Jeepers Creepers", or "Goodness gracious".
Anyway...it has been one of those days. One of those days where I just want to collapse somewhere with my husband, watch something silly on TV (how's this for silly...I DVR'd 'High School Musical', and we're planning on watching it this week to see what all the fuss is about), have a glass of wine, and not think anymore.
As it is...I'm sitting here at the computer, the girls are in bed, and my hubby is at our townhouse watering flowers and getting our microwave. I just got off the phone with my mom (I made her cry), and I just needed to get this crazy day down in writing.
The day started off well. Becca was good this morning, and I was able to do some blogging, and check some e-mails. We watered my mom's gardens, and played with toys for a while.
And then it was lunchtime. I talked to my husband, and we were both frustrated because he hadn't heard back about his job interview yet. He was under the impression that they were going to call him this morning, so when this morning came and went, the anxiety set in. When I talked to him, we both said that we just felt kind of beat up today. Just kind of like something was eating at us.
I hung up the phone with him, feeling frustrated, and trying to gain perspective. I heated up my lunch in the microwave, but I was distracted by the girls, and ended up heating the food up too much. I took it out of the microwave, and dropped it because it was so hot. So there was rice and chop suey all over my mom's kitchen. This may have just been an annoyance any other day, but it was just too much when added on to what I was already feeling. So I did what any self-respecting and God filled mom would do. I kneeled on the floor in the kitchen and cried my eyes out.
Once I let out enough of my frustrations to function somewhat normally, I cleaned up the mess that I had made. All the while listening to Becca say "Mama spill food. Mama cry."
I gave Becca her lunch, and was about to give Allie peas for the first time when I noticed that the microwave was broken. Not because of anything I had done, but the latch on the door just happened to break then. Nice.......
So Allie had cold peas for lunch (and did not like them), and we made it through until nap time. I opted to skip my naptime workout and instead took a hot bath, and read some of "Taking Care of the Me in Mommy" (which looks like it will be a great book, by the way).
The rest of the day was all right, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was just under attack. When my husband got home, I could tell that he was the same way. We were both just frustrated that he didn't hear from the company in MI, and things weren't going as we wanted them to.
Over dinner, we talked about how things often don't go the way that we think they should. And that not hearing from this company today was probably just God's way of reminding us that He's in control. My husband and I agreed to just remember our trust in Him, and trust that He knows what He's doing.
After dinner, they called. (Which was kind of weird, since it was 8:30 MI time). They extended a job offer with the same salary my husband is making now, very little travel, excellent medical benefits, and $2000 towards moving expenses.
So...a crazy day ended up even crazier. We got the answer we wanted, and that brought some peace to our day. But the job offer (which my husband is planning on accepting) puts our life into a tail spin. We now have about 2 weeks to pack up our townhouse, fix up our townhouse, pack our stuff, and find a place to live in MI until our townhouse sells. Yikes!
On a spiritual note...
I hope I don't offend anyone by being overly spiritual here, but I have lived in a very spiritual world since I was young. It wasn't always a good spiritual, but it was spiritual none the less. And since I've become a Christian, I have experienced a lot of resistance in my life every time I've made a big decision based on faith. It feels like the enemy is just trying to sidetrack me, or bring me down. And all the anxiety, frustration, sadness, and just self pity that I (and my husband) felt today are an affirmation to me that we're doing the right thing. (This is where my lack of the right words really comes into play...I'm not able to accurately convey what I'm trying to say). So I'll just leave it at that.
So..........
Here we go!!!!
2 comments:
Congratulations on the new job! Oh, I'm very blessed that the Lord is answering your prayers. And goodness you're not being overly spiritual. I completely understand the attacks of the enemy & he tries to get us any way he can. Way to stand strong though & depend completely on the Lord. Life everyday is an adventure...enjoy the ride knowing you're in the Lord's perfect plan!
So we were in tears together yesterday? I'm sorry -- I had that same sort of day. Mine was over napkins, not chop suey though. :)
Congratulations on the job! I'm so excited for you guys and am reassured that you are both standing strong in your faith as you take this step together.
And no, not too spiritual. At all.
Post a Comment