Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Journey in the Desert: Day 43

I haven't 'blogged' since last week, and I already miss it! It's been kind of difficult lately. My husband is out of town for a week, and things have been a little chaotic. (No, really!!!)

So our realtor never heard back from the realtor who showed our house last week. He called me this morning to say that he thinks we should lower our asking price soon. When we listed our home, we were the lowest in the neighborhood. There are now homes for sale in our subdivision for $10,000 less than what we're asking. Yikes!! My hubby wants to wait a few weeks before we lower the price. So, we'll see what happens there.

My hubby has been pursuing another job this week. This one is based in the city I grew up (which I'm not too crazy about), but it sounds like a great job. He would be the Logistics Manager for a company that deals with medical equipment. (They help provide people who need medical equipment with the actual equipment.) He would be responsible for locating the equipment, and getting it to the buyer. He thinks it sounds fun, and he would be working with some good people. So far, he has talked with one of their managers (whom he knows), sent in his resume, and this week he needs to take an online personality test. We still don't know what the salary would be, but we're just leaving it in God's hands. My hubby will do what he can, and leave the rest up to Him.

This has been an interesting week so far (and it's only Tuesday!!) My mom and I had a lot of very heated discussions over the weekend. We're trying to learn how to speak so that the other person can relate, and understand what we're saying. There are things that I've been trying to tell her for years, and she told me that I finally worded them so that she understood what I was trying to say. I told her that I really want there to be healing in our relationship, and that I'm trying to learn to honor her, and treat her with the respect that she deserves. I actually feel really good about the progress that we're making. I hope and pray that it continues.

I wonder if God is softening her heart toward me, so that she is finally ready to hear me?

I have a good friend who I have been friends with for about 12 years now. She and I were actually going to live together when I bought my townhouse, back in 2001. We were really close, and then my dad died, and she was served with divorce papers on the same day. We shared each other's grief, but we were also both wounded. She was really hurt at that time in her life, and for a while, was taking it out on me. She said a lot of hurtful things, and we ended up deciding not to live together. We 'made up', but the things that she said to me never left me. Some of the things that she said have been helpful to me...areas of my life that I really did/do need to improve. But because of the way that they were said, I have always wondered what she really thinks of me (since then.) I've been afraid that she is still judging me, and thinking little of me, and that has changed our friendship.

We had a heart to heart yesterday, and I finally talked to her about these things. I told her how some of the things she said affected my life in a positive way, but I also told her how I wonder what she really thinks of me now. We had a really good discussion, and she basically said that she doesn't believe the things that she said, and that they were a result of the hurt in her life. It was a very healing conversation, and we were both crying. Now I just wonder...why did I wait 6 years to have that conversation? Fear? Pride? Who knows...at least we finally did have that conversation, and hopefully we can now move forward in our friendship.

All right...I went for a long walk with a good friend of mine this morning (thanks, Tara!), and still haven't showered. I better seize this opportunity, because who knows when the sleeping beauties will arise!

No comments: