Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Countdown Begins

8 days and counting.

How crazy is that?

My husband's last day of work is Friday. As in 4 days away. He's worked at this job for 3 1/2 years, and now he's moving onto something else. They had a barbecue for him today.


The in-laws bought their plane tickets yesterday. They're flying out on Wednesday (the 5th), and we're planning on leaving early Thursday morning. One of them will ride in the van with me and the girls, and the other will ride in the truck with my hubby. We're planning on driving during the day, and stopping at a hotel somewhere.

We have a place to 'land' now. The generous lady who is letting us crash at her place has made calls to the cable company, and is looking into getting high speed internet (that we'll pay for, of course). Now that blogging is part of my daily life, what would I do without it? :P

It's a good thing I'm not superstitious. We are leaving CO on Sept. 6 (it will be the 7 year anniversary of my dad's death), and my husband starts his new job on Sept. 11 (don't think I need to explain that one). As Tara put it so inspirationally...it'll be a time of new beginnings. More positive memories to these dates.

The next chapter in our lives...and it's starting so soon!

2 comments:

Earen said...

Very exciting! You're going to be greatly missed.

I'm Tara. said...

I'm in denial. I don't have to be happy for you ALL of the time do I???? :) Just kidding!!!