Thursday, August 09, 2007

What did I miss?

I feel like I missed something.

I must have.

The last thing I remember, my daughter was a baby. A toddler who couldn't pronounce 'Elmo', 'milk', and who used to say 'mama do Becca' when she wanted to be picked up. Now she pronounces both of those words, and today she actually said 'Mama pick up Becca please'.

Her new favorite word is 'probably'. It's the cutest thing in the world to me when she uses it in a sentence. For example....
"Becca, do you know where your shoes are?"
"Upstairs probably, mama."
or if she's telling me what she wants to do....
"Becca play in Elmo sprinkler later probably."

She's not even 2 1/2, and she's using words like probably? When did she grow up?

She's also understanding things that she sees and hears better. She likes to watch Playhouse Disney in the morning, and it usually doesn't seem like she's paying too much attention. But the other night at dinner she started telling daddy all about what happened on 'Mickey Mouse Clubhouse'. "Donald Duck stuck daddy! Mickey Mouse use Mousekatools and help Donald out!"

Today I was taking Allie downstairs for her nap, and Becca shouted "See you later Allie! Good nap Allie!"

Just wanted to write some of these things down so that I remember them. She's growing up faster than I ever imagined she would!

1 comment:

I'm Tara. said...

I think a blink in a Mommy's life equals about 49 things that you miss each day or week. You are blessed with such sweet girls, my friend. Love the MM replay for Daddy! :)