Monday, August 13, 2007

These are the moments

I thank God that I'm alive....These are the moments I will treasure all my life....

My hubby was out of town all last week, and came home on Friday evening. I can't tell you much it warmed my heart to see my sweet little 2 year old bouncing off the walls, bursting with anticipation over seeing her daddy again. Every time the phone rang, she would yell "daddy!" and run screaming around the room with her arms high in the air. And when he actually pulled up, and we went out onto the porch to greet him, she looked at me like Santa Claus just pulled up in a beat up old Toyota full of presents. Her face was completely lit up.

I have to say that while I was very happy to see him too, the reason my eyes teared up at his return was because of my little girl's uninhibited joy.


We had a great family night together, with lots of hugs, and stories of our week. Even our grumpy little teether (Allie) didn't cry that night.

The next day my hubby and kids picked me up from my Weight Watchers meeting (I lost 4.6 lbs!), and we headed to the Children's Museum downtown. I was again blessed with witnessing my little girl's uninhibited joy.

The Children's Museum in Denver has a miniature grocery store, complete with little carts, shopping items, and even checkout lanes. Becca enjoyed the rest of the museum, but this was the room that she got completely lost in. We could have left her in that grocery store for a week, and she wouldn't have even wondered where we were. She was completely in her own little pretend world. She pushed her little cart, got her groceries (and told us what they were for), then patiently waited in line at the little checkout lines. Once it was her turn to checkout, she put her 'groceries' on the belt just like mommy does. My hubby and I couldn't stop smiling at each other. It was just so precious to see our little bug having the time of her life.

The fun weekend continued with dinner at Ted's Montana Grill Sat. night. My birthday (gasp...31!) is on Tuesday, so we went out to celebrate with my mom. Becca had a blast just watching all the other people, and Allie was great and took a little nap.

Church was Sunday morning. Both of the girls did great, and the message was very moving. As we were leaving, I said to my husband "And we decide sometimes that it's too much work to come and get blessed and challenged like this?" It was a great Sunday morning of rest and worship.

The rest of the day was just resting and family time (we're trying to set Sunday's apart for just that.) It was incredible. I am blessed so far beyond what I deserve (and according to my pastor's message Sunday morning...this is called 'mercy'). It was just one of those weekends where I actually slowed down and made a point of enjoying my life. It's amazing how many little miracles you notice when you take the time to look.

And a quick update on our situation-
-We reduced the price on our townhouse. The realtor lowered the price by $5,000, raised the co-op (the amount paid to the buying realtor), and refreshed the listing. We're hoping that this generates some activity for us.

-My hubby got an e-mail from a company he's been talking to in Lansing, MI. They want to fly him out for an interview sometime in the next couple of weeks. He's supposed to make travel plans today. Hopefully this will help to find out much more about the company, so that he can decide if this would be a good opportunity for him. Again, we're totally leaving this in God's hands. It'll be fun to see how this opportunity works out!

1 comment:

I'm Tara. said...

You're right -- there are little miracles all around if you look for them. I'm always blessed when I read what you write, my friend. *hugs* Happy Birthday! Praying for you -- hope that the changes you've made do the trick with the condo!!