Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Journey in the Desert: Day 57

So today we wait. And pray. And wait some more.

My husband and I stayed up late last night talking and praying about his job interview.

It's kind of funny how the way we think things will work out, and the way that they actually do work out is usually so different.

All day yesterday I kept thinking about this job. I imagined that my husband would call me during the day, and tell me he absolutely loves the job, the pay is well, and there isn't much travel. I imagined starting to pack last night, and having an answer.

Instead, my husband called me from the airport right before boarding his flight. He said that they didn't tell him the salary (they will tell him when/if they make him an offer), that there wasn't much travel, but that he wasn't sure about the job.

It was pretty much anti-climactic.

Last night when he got home, we talked through his day, and he told me the aspects of the job that he thought he would like, and the aspects of the job that he thinks will be a challenge for him. All in all, it sounds like there are more positives than negatives. It's a Christian company, a really great work environment, a very interesting job, and it's located in a city that we're very familiar with.

We decided that if he does get an offer today, that we would spend the day praying and waiting on the Lord. Again, we don't want to just settle for something great, when God could have something better for us out there. But how do we know? I think that if we really make the effort to spend time with God, and recognize His voice, that we will have a sense of peace about this decision, if it's the right one.

Now, if they call him today and tell him that he's not a good fit, then we have a very definite answer from God, and we will know that He has something better for us out there.

So now we wait for the phone call. And wait for the answer.

It's wild though, to think that our life could totally change today or tomorrow. If they do make him an offer, and if he accepts it, then that means that we will be moving in the next few weeks. We will have to pack up the townhouse, and figure out what to do with it, since it will be vacant and still on the market. We will have to pack up our storage unit, and pack up our stuff here at my mom's. We'll have to make moving arrangements, and figure out where we're going to live when we get to MI. Since we haven't sold our townhouse yet, it is going to be very tight for us financially.

Ahh...it makes my head spin just thinking about all of the details. Thank goodness I have a God who gives me peace, and directs my steps. I am confident that He will work out all these details, and He will get us where we're going. I just need to remember that, and not get lost in the anxiety.

Patience, patience, patience. That's my word of the day!

2 comments:

I'm Tara. said...

Look at you, blogging away!

Okay - selfishly I'm in tears over the fact that you're leaving, but as you know, I'm also FULLY supporting you in this journey. I'm with you on the prayers for God's guidance as you both take this very big step together. May He clearly point out the path for you to follow and give you peace and courage and confidence.

Earen said...

I too am getting all bummed that you'll be leaving. I feel like I'm just getting to know the amazing person that you are & you're trying to leave! I feel foolish that I didn't realize the treasure I had earlier on in you at our mops group. I'm so thankful for your friendship & am so glad for the treasure you are to me now.

I'm praying for you guys. I know this is a big decision & the Lord sees your heart & knows you want to be in His will. I pray His perfect peace in your hearts for the right decision He wants you to make.